Stumbled upon this gorgeous cupcakes 2 weeks ago… trying not to think about it as there is no special occasion to bake one.. hehehe since when do I need a special occasion to bake a cake??? So… after a long deliberation, I managed to persuade myself to bake it yesterday since today I have a Taddarus session… what a better way to share this lovely cupcakes with your friend…. kalau nak gemuk baik gemuk bersama-sama hehehe.
This cupcakes is so delicious and the most important thing is, it is super duper easy to make. Took me less than an hour from start to finish. Bake them yesterday before picking up my kids from school and I did the frosting last night as I have a very busy morning today. The whole batch yield about 44 super moist cupcakes.
The recipe was taken from Love From The Oven blog. Happy Baking!
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tbs[ cocoa
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 oz green food coloring
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened at room temperature (do not melt)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Grease your cake pans, muffin tins, whoopie pie pans, whatever method you decide to go with.
- Lightly stir eggs in a medium bowl with whisk. Add in remaining liquid ingredients.
- Place all dry ingredients in your mixing bowl and stir together well.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and mix on medium-high for about a minute or two until well combined.
- Pour the batter into cake pans or cupcake pans.
- For one 8″ cake pan, bake about 22 minutes and if doing a regular size cupcakes, baking time is about 16 minutes.
- Creaming together cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar and beat until creamy.