Assalamualaikum and good day guys. Weekend is finally here.. yeay! I know that I am a full time mum.. but weekend is still something that I look forward to. Some people say “You are so lucky.. tak payah kerja”.. Well.. it is not always lucky you know.. there are some good and some bad sides of not working.. take it from person who had worked for 15 years and a stay home mum for over 10 years. To tell you the truth… stay home mum is really tiring and challenging. House work is never finished but the best part of it is knowing that you are there full time for your kids.. they can drive you crazy but still totally worth it. I am lucky to be able to do this at the right time.. the time when my girls are growing up and needed my full and undivided attention. I am glad to say that my kids tell me almost anything and I am always there to hear their problems and “life crisis” anytime day or night. If you asked me whether I miss my working days.. the answer is YES! Sometimes I miss having nice lunch with friends or go window shopping on Friday lunch break. Do I want to go back to work?… definitely NO. What can I say.. I love what I do now.. managing the house hehehe.
Enough with the blabbering… lets talk about our recipe today. This chiffon cake is my other half’s favourite kind of cake. This cake is super soft, fluffy and light. I took my normal pandan chiffon cake recipe and tweak it a little bit and voilà! its RV chiffon cake. Since it is the weekend.. Sofea is coming home from her Uni… why not bake a light cake for the family… something to enjoy on a rainy afternoon with tea at the pergola.
Have a nice and relaxing weekend folks!
- 4 egg yolks
- 70 ml corn oil
- 70 ml buttermilk
- 45 ml water
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 100 g fine sugar
- 2 tsp red colouring
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 145 g flour
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 egg whites
- 90 g fine sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven at 175 C. Sieve together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix egg yolks, buttermilk, water, red colouring, vanilla essence and sugar until well combine. Add in the corn oil and mix well. Then add the vinegar. Lastly add the flour mixture and mix until the mixture is smooth.
- In a mixer, whisk egg whites until foamy and then slowly add sugar and cream of tartar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the egg white into the egg yolk mixture in 3 batches. Fold until well combined and pour into an ungreased chiffon cake pan. Bake for about 45 – 50 min or until skewer comes out clean.
- Invert chiffon cake immediately onto a wire rack and let it cool before removing from pan.