Assalamualaikum all. We are in the middle of 3 months summer break at the moment. Kids were on leave since mid June and the school will only resume end of August. I was actually looking forward to days not having specific things to do.. days that I can just chill around the house… well after I month of doing nothing, I kinda miss my normal routine sending kids to school and attending some classes myself. How I wish the weather is not this hot.. at least we can go to the beach and relax. With the temperature well above 46C.. we would be ‘ikan kering’ kalau dok bercanda di pantai hehehe.
If it is up to me, I would be trying all the recipes that I have accumulated for the past 9 months but I am worried that with no activity what so ever, my kids will be unrecognizable by the end of summer due to all the cakes and other sweet stuff. So.. I am trying to just bake once a week. And… the winner for this week is this Butterscotch Chocolate Chip brownies. Recipe was taken from I am Baker blog and thank you for such a simple yet delicious recipe. This recipe is not huge, so if you have big family like me.. it will disappear the moment you put them on the table hehehe. Maybe.. I can bake again this week since this recipe only yield 9 normal size brownies hehehehe.
Okay.. let me show you want are needed..
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g butterscotch chocolate chip
- 1/2 cup butter melted, then cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift together all dry ingredients except chocolate chip in a medium bowl.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool slightly.
- Add two eggs and vanilla into the bowl and stir gently.
- Pour the melted butter into brownie mixture and mix until just incorporated. Add in the chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in a prepared 8-inch square pan and bake for 20-22 minutes at 350 degrees.”
P/S: At the very moment I am writing this post.. there are only 2 slices of brownies left hehehe. Well done girls!
Wrinkled top chocolate brownies
It has been almost 6 weeks since Aina and Nurin left for UK. Everyday we talk via whatsapps and at least 2 times a week we do video call via hangouts. They update us about everything … last week we even did a video call while they were choosing their winter jackets just because they wanted our opinion on the jackets hehehe.. Some might say that we are too involved but who cares… we will always be here to give our opinion when asked! To tell you the truth, I think the girls are lucky to have a very caring dad.. always there to give opinion asked or not hehe. I sometimes lambat tengok message.. selalu terlepas keretapi in giving opinion. You should see him talking to the girls on the way to the airport… nasihat nasihat and more nasihat. My mum said she has never seen such a concern father… well, it was not easy for us to let them go especially we have never been apart. May Allah protect them always.
Sending them to UK was a good move.. why? When they were with us here they rarely cook but alhamdulillah now they have been sending us the photo of dishes that they made and I am so proud of them. Last night they made lasagna and it looked pretty delicious hehehe. Last week Ein made truffles and a couple of weeks before Aina baked Red Velvet Brownies… well done girls, Umi and Ayah are so proud of you two. I guess living away from home forces you to cook and bake things that remind you of home…
Okay.. back to our recipe today.. chocolate brownies kedut… quite famous sekarang kat Malaysia. I simply have to try it to see what the fuss is all about. Verdict? Yummy and totally worth it. Very chocolaty and will satisfy all the chocolate lovers out there. The recipe is taken from blog Azlita Masam Manis. Please try if you have the time.
Happy Baking people!
- 400 g bittersweet chocolate – chopped
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 100 g brown sugar
- 100 g sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 100 g self raising flour *
- 30 g cocoa powder * (* sifted)
- Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla using whisk.
- Pour egg mixture into the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into greased and lined 10″X10″ baking pan.
- Bake at 160C for 30 mins then off the oven and let the brownies sit in with door ajar for another 15 min.
Soft and gooey texture… just the way brownies should be.