Assalamualaikum all. We are in the middle of 3 months summer break at the moment. Kids were on leave since mid June and the school will only resume end of August. I was actually looking forward to days not having specific things to do.. days that I can just chill around the house… well after I month of doing nothing, I kinda miss my normal routine sending kids to school and attending some classes myself. How I wish the weather is not this hot.. at least we can go to the beach and relax. With the temperature well above 46C.. we would be ‘ikan kering’ kalau dok bercanda di pantai hehehe.
If it is up to me, I would be trying all the recipes that I have accumulated for the past 9 months but I am worried that with no activity what so ever, my kids will be unrecognizable by the end of summer due to all the cakes and other sweet stuff. So.. I am trying to just bake once a week. And… the winner for this week is this Butterscotch Chocolate Chip brownies. Recipe was taken from I am Baker blog and thank you for such a simple yet delicious recipe. This recipe is not huge, so if you have big family like me.. it will disappear the moment you put them on the table hehehe. Maybe.. I can bake again this week since this recipe only yield 9 normal size brownies hehehehe.
Okay.. let me show you want are needed..
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 100g butterscotch chocolate chip
- 1/2 cup butter melted, then cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift together all dry ingredients except chocolate chip in a medium bowl.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool slightly.
- Add two eggs and vanilla into the bowl and stir gently.
- Pour the melted butter into brownie mixture and mix until just incorporated. Add in the chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in a prepared 8-inch square pan and bake for 20-22 minutes at 350 degrees.”
P/S: At the very moment I am writing this post.. there are only 2 slices of brownies left hehehe. Well done girls!