Is this my first posting in 2016? ..and it is March already? Well.. time surely flies when you are having fun hahaha. Whatever it is I surely want to say Alhamdulillah.. thank you Allah for all the good and the bad things that came my way in 2015… things that make you sad the most is actually a blessing.. coz Allah is giving you a chance to cry and beg for His mercy and guidance.. to make you closer to Him. Kalau happy memanjang, doa lepas solat tu baca macam baca script aje.. tapi kalau time susah tu.. doa dgn penuh emotion.. betul tak?
So.. my very first posting this year I want to start with something sweet, colourful and fattening hehehe.. just look at the amount of butter that it uses. Whatever it is… this cake is truly worth trying… moist and delicious. Thank you to Rima Bisous A Toi for sharing the recipe. You can checkout the original posting here.
700g eggs – abt 12 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla paste – i didnt hv so i substitute with use 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
1/2 tsp milk paste – i didnt hv so i substitute with use 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
325g low protein flour – i use normal flour
300g butter (or butter substitute) – i used 700g normal Lurpak butter
1/2 tsp spekkeok powder
purple, blue, green, yellow, orange and red colour paste
- Preheat oven 160C.. grease 8″ baking pan
- Whisk butter till creamy – put aside
- In another bowl, whisk ingredients A until fluffy.
- Add ingredients B – beat again until blended. Add ingredients C – beat again until blended
- Weigh your batter and divide it by 13 (the number of layers)
- Part 1 (equivalent to 7 layers) – add spekoek powder
- Part 2 (equivalent to 6 layers/divided into six bowls) – add colour paste to each bowl
- Once ready.. pour about 164g of spekkeok batter (plain batter) into your baking pan and bake it for 10mins..
- Change your oven setting to grill mode and pour in purple batter.. this is how the layer should be.. plain – purple – plain – blue – plain – green – plain – yellow – plain – orange – plain – red – plain.
- On the last layer bake it using grill mode until brown changing it to bottom heat and bake a further 5 to 10 mins.