It has been almost 6 weeks since Aina and Nurin left for UK. Everyday we talk via whatsapps and at least 2 times a week we do video call via hangouts. They update us about everything … last week we even did a video call while they were choosing their winter jackets just because they wanted our opinion on the jackets hehehe.. Some might say that we are too involved but who cares… we will always be here to give our opinion when asked! To tell you the truth, I think the girls are lucky to have a very caring dad.. always there to give opinion asked or not hehe. I sometimes lambat tengok message.. selalu terlepas keretapi in giving opinion. You should see him talking to the girls on the way to the airport… nasihat nasihat and more nasihat. My mum said she has never seen such a concern father… well, it was not easy for us to let them go especially we have never been apart. May Allah protect them always.
Sending them to UK was a good move.. why? When they were with us here they rarely cook but alhamdulillah now they have been sending us the photo of dishes that they made and I am so proud of them. Last night they made lasagna and it looked pretty delicious hehehe. Last week Ein made truffles and a couple of weeks before Aina baked Red Velvet Brownies… well done girls, Umi and Ayah are so proud of you two. I guess living away from home forces you to cook and bake things that remind you of home…
Okay.. back to our recipe today.. chocolate brownies kedut… quite famous sekarang kat Malaysia. I simply have to try it to see what the fuss is all about. Verdict? Yummy and totally worth it. Very chocolaty and will satisfy all the chocolate lovers out there. The recipe is taken from blog Azlita Masam Manis. Please try if you have the time.
Happy Baking people!
- 400 g bittersweet chocolate – chopped
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 100 g brown sugar
- 100 g sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 100 g self raising flour *
- 30 g cocoa powder * (* sifted)
- Melt chocolate and butter in double boiler.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla using whisk.
- Pour egg mixture into the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into greased and lined 10″X10″ baking pan.
- Bake at 160C for 30 mins then off the oven and let the brownies sit in with door ajar for another 15 min.