Oh My God…. sedap nya jeruk mangga asam boi ni. This jeruk mangga asam boi or the english term would be “green mango salad with preserved plum” is so popular in Malaysia at the moment… couldn’t resist it anymore. Made it last night and it didn’t last till morning hehehe and today after sending kids to school, I went to Lulu Hypermarket to get some more green mango… and here we are again. There are few recipes flying around but I decided to made it using recipe from Azlita Aziz blog simple because she made it looks soooo yummy hehehe. So, here is her recipe with some minor adjustments …
- 4 green mango ~ peeled and sliced into strips
- 20 – 25 asam boi (preserved plum)— I do not have this, so I used 15 tsp of asam boi powder
- 10 – 15 bird eye chilies ~ thinly slice — I only used about 7
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 lime ~ thinly slice — I used lemon
- 1 liter water + 1 tbsp salt
- 1 liter water + 1 tbsp lime water (air kapur)
- Soak the sliced green mango in salt water for 30 minutes, and then drain them. (cant remember why but my mum always do this when she’s making jeruk). Now transfer the mango into lime water and soak them for about 30 minutes. This is to make sure that the mango remain crunchy after the whole process. Wash and drain the water completely.
- Place the mango in a big bowl and then add the sugar and mix well. Then add the thinly sliced bird eye chilies and then the preserved plum. Mix well.
- Lastly add the sliced lemon/lime. Cover and leave it in the fridge for few hours. Enjoy!