Assalamualaikum and a very good evening to everyone out there. I have being neglecting my blog for quite sometimes now… allowing it to collect dust especially in this part of the world hehehe. Busy? Well.. you can say that… A lot had happened since my last entry and couple of new places has been explored. Since this is my first entry after a very long pause, I think I’ll take it easy… nothing serious… just a brief updates of what had happened for the last 5 months.
My sister in law and her husband came and stayed with us for a month at the end of November and the kids loved it. What not to love especially when the auntie did almost everything for them hehehe. My SIL loves Oman and she said she doesn’t mind staying here and did offer to come and stay with the kids if our Hajj trip is conformed. Insyaallah, if Allah sent us the invitation for Hajj this year, she can come and stay here with the kids.
End December, our friend that we had not meet for almost 20 years came and visit us from London. Our kids and their kids became friends almost instantly… it was great to meet Kazan and his family. We knew Kazan back in 1987 during our English course in Bukit Sekilau and A levels time in MSMKL in Shamelin Perkasa. It was nice to be able to catch up with old friend.
Last February, our dear family friend, Mady, Zura and their 3 beautiful daughters came to visit us from Kuwait. We did go and see couple of places in Oman and we had a really good time together, well… minus the 2 days when baby Zahra had a high fever hehehe. For all these, we thank Allah for blessing us with great family and beautiful friends, Alhamdulillah.
Before we look at the recipe, I just want to share with you guys 2 photos that I took while accompanying my other half for golf yesterday…
Okay… almost there. I took this recipe from Azie Kitchen and I really love the texture of the cake… super soft and melt in your mouth. Do give a try and see what I mean.
230 g soft butter
4 egg yolks (B size)
4 egg whites (B size)
50 g caster sugar
150 g caster sugar
200 g self raising flour – sift
60 ml fresh milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Grease 8×8″ pan and line with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and 150 g caster sugar till light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and beat till combine.
- Add egg yolk one at a time, beating until just combined between additions.
- Fold in sifted flour and milk in two batches.
- In another bowl, whisk egg white till foamy.. slowly add in 50 g of caster sugar a little at a time and whisk till soft peak.
- Fold in the egg white into the cake batter in 3 batches. Fold until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 mins @ 170 C.