Assalamualaikum and Selamat Petang semua. Landed safely in Kuwait from Istanbul last Wednesday night. It was a very memorable trip ; nice scenery, good food and great company. There were two other families travelling with us and we had a great time. There were a few hiccups here and there but biasalah lah kalau travelling with kids, can’t expect everything run smoothly. The weather was very cold (for us lah), most of the days were cloudy and the temperature were below 10C. We managed to cover most of the places that we had planned. Special thanks to En Mady for doing all the research and for being our Tour Manager hehehe. Jangan serik ye. Insyaallah will tell you all about it in my next posting.
Okay… citer kek ni pulak. Saw this beautiful cake at Rahel Blog. The original name for this cake is Snow Cheese Cake, it used cheese frosting and grated cheese topping. As for my cake, I didn’t use cheese frosting simply because Nurin doesn’t really fancy cream cheese frosting, so I substitute it with Swiss Buttercream Frosting. The cake is moist and not that sweet, so if you want to use the normal buttercream frosting which is quite sweet, it will be nice. Now, let see the ingredient…
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 100g sugar
- 100g flour
- 60g cornflour
- 50gcold water from the fridge
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp ovalet
- 75g butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 150C and grease two 8″ baking pan.
- Place all ingredient except the melted butter in a mixing bowl. Using the paddle attachment, mix at medium speed until white and fluffy.
- Add the melted butter and mix well.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pans and bake for 30-45 mins, until a cake tester inserted into the center of each cake comes out clean. Cool the cakes on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, you can decorate the cake with the swiss buttercream.
- 60gm egg white (about 2 large whites)
- 100gm sugar
- 170gm unsalted butter (taken out from fridge and cut into 10-12 small pieces just before you start to heat the egg whites)
- Put the sugar and egg whites in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk constantly, keeping the mixture over the heat.. about 3 minutes. The sugar should be dissolved, and the mixture will look like marshmallow cream
- Pour the mixture into stand mixer and began to whisk till thick and shiny – about 5 mins
- Now add in butter, one pieces at a time, beating until smooth. Once all the butter is in, beat in the buttercream on medium-high speed until it is thick and very smooth, 6-10 minutes.