Keropok Leko is one of my family favourite snacks and we never get tired of eating them he he he. When I first came to Kuwait, I brought some with me and whenever my mum came over, she will bring some too but face it, it wont last forever… I have to find the recipe so that I can make them myself. Actually there are lots of recipes out there in the internet for you to try and this recipe was given to me by one of the mums here… thanks Atie for sharing the recipe. I think this must be the 6th or 7th time that I made keropok leko using this recipe, alhamdulillah menjadi and everybody in the family love it.
Here is the recipe…
- 4kg fish ( I used mackerel)
- 750g tapioca flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- salt to taste
- Clean and fillet the fish and then place the fillet in a freezer for about 1 hour so that they become semi frozen.
- Mince the fish fillet using the meat mincer. (I used the dry blender aje)
- Add all ingredients and mix until they form a dough. This dough is kind of soft and stick to your hand… so don’t worry about it and DON’T add any more flour!
- Divide the dough into 20 equal balls. Take one ball and roll it into a cylinder. If necessary use some flour to sprinkle counter top before roll the dough.Or rub some oil on your hands to roll the dough. Repeat for all 20 dough.
- Prepare enough water in a large wok at high heat. When water rolling boil, place all the cylinder shape dough into it and boil until the dough floated on the surface.Then remove dough from wok, set aside to cool down.
- Once cooled, cut them into whatever shape that you like and deep fry in hot oil, or you can freeze them for later.