Kids are on winter break and the weather outside is cold, windy and at times raining… so apa lagi kerja Umi dia kalau tak baking ha ha ha. Oh… correction… Aina baked this muffin last night and half of them were gone within the hour. This is the second time we baked this muffin, it is extremely fluffy when it is still warm. The kids love them because it is soft and chocolaty. Thanks to Rima for sharing this recipe.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups dark or white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 190°C/400°F – Line at least 18 muffin tin cups.
- Mix the flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a large bowl using a whisk.
- Mix the eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract in another bowl. Use the same whisk to whisk them together.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until just mixed.
- Fold in the white chocolate chunks.
- Fill the muffin cups until almost full (if you want them to achieve a proper muffin top)
- Bake in oven for 14-18 minutes until cake tester inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes in pans before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.