Its 15:30 here in Kuwait on Thursday afternoon and its officially weekend for me…hooray. Nothing special lined up for the weekends actually but looking forward to lazing around the house ha ha ha. Besides that… I look forward to “not cooking” kah kah kah… teruk kan? Well… what can I say.. after cooking 3 meals a day for 5 days straight… I think I deserve a break… don’t you think? Have a nice weekend people.
Okay… before I sign off for this week, here is the recipe that I took from Ieyda Farieyda FB wall (courtesy from Nur Kasih Alias). Thanks for the recipe.
For the flour batter: :
- 5 egg yolks
- 50 g sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50 ml oil
- 50 ml coconut milk
- 110 g flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pandan paste
- 5 eff whites
- 100 g sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 175C
- Gris and line 12″ x 12″ swiss roll pan with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolk and sugar until sugar melted. Add in coconut milk, oil and pandan paste and mix well. Add in the flour mixture and whisk well into a smooth batter, there should be no lumps. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the egg whites and cream of tartar on high speed. Start adding the sugar once the egg whites begin to foam, gradually in 3 additions. Beat till the meringue is smooth and glossy, with stiff peaks.
- Immediately stir in approximately 1/3 of the meringue into the flour batter. With a flexible rubber or silicon spatula, fold in the meringue gently and mix well. Once a roughly homogeneous mixture is achieved, add the rest of the meringue and repeat the gentle, light-handed folding process till the cake batter is well combined. Scoop from the bottom of the bowl to ensure no meringue or flour batter is left unmixed. Do not beat or overwork the batter as this will knock out the air you’ve put into the meringue.
- Pour the cake mixture into the prepared swiss roll pan. Bake for 20-25mins.
- Once cooked, immediately remove the cake from the pan to cool down for 3 minutes. Immediately spread the filling of your choice and roll carefully.