Our internet line at home has been nothing but a pain in the %$#@ for the last 5 days. I was trying to post this recipe since Monday but due to the super duper slow internet connection… it was unsuccessful… so frustrated. Just imagine… login into my website took me ages, let alone uploading photos, so after a couple of days trying, I finally gave up but thank God that the service is up and running on full capacity today. Finally I can share this recipe with you guys.
The delicious taste of this creamy butter prawn brought back some good memories when I was a young engineer doing site commissioning at Shell PD. Back then my boss normally will “belanja” me and my other engineers buddy at this seafood restaurant and this particular dish was my favourite. I actually tried to make this dish couple of times but was not that successful until I stumbled upon this blog recently. So, please give it a try, who knows you will love it as much as I do.
- 8 – 10 Big Prawns
- 1/2 Stick of Butter
- 170gm Evaporated milk
- 3-4 Small chilies (chilli padi)
- 5-6 strands Curry leaves
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (chopped till fine)
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
- Heat oil and fry the prawns with some curry leaves for 1-2 minutes, just so it is sort of half cooked . Remove and keep aside.
- Using the same saucepan, put in the butter and garlic for 2-3 mins on low heat, then add in evaporated milk and curry leaves. Let it simmer.
- Now add sugar and salt to taste. Once the sauce is thicken, add small chillies so that the spicyness sips out.
- Lastly, when taste is right, add the half cooked prawns back into the saucepan and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
Okay… here are few snapshots taken during Haqeem’s first day of school.