Assalamualaikum to everyone out there. Hope that life is treating you well. As for me, I can’t even express my syukur (gratitude) to Allah for granted my wish for my boy to be accepted into New English School (NES) for the coming school year 2012 – 2013. Last year he was rejected because he refused to sit for the assessment test… crying all the way. Last Saturday, he sat for his assessment test again and as usual I was the one who was so nervous. That morning I can’t even eat my breakfast… macam kita yang nak sit for the test he he he. Anyway, alhamdulillah he will be joining his sisters in NES this September. Now, I can sleep better but that does not mean it will be a smooth sailing after this. It’s gonna be hard work all the way but it will be worth it.
NES is one of the best school in Kuwait and the commitment from the teachers are superb. They always have information evening for the parents just to update us on how we can help our children better. During this session, normally we will be asked to do some of the activities that our kids go through everyday. The purpose of those activities are for us to fully understand their teaching methods and hence we can help our children at home by not confusing them with our own teaching method. Let me take an example here, for Mathematics, they really encourage their students to do calculation mentally. So, pen and paper method like we used to do before will only be taught once the kids fully understand the number system. They have Mental Math test every week and there will also be a Mental Math exam every semester.
Okay… recipe today for is Parmesan chicken with chili salsa. Super easy to make and marvelous! Here’s the recipe just in case you guys want to try it.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 red chilies
- 3 green chilies
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a shallow bowl mix together the bread crumbs and the grated Parmesan, and pinch of salt.
- In separate shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs.
- Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium-high heat. The oil should be shimmering, not smoking. Dredge the chicken pieces 1 piece at a time first in the egg mixture, then in the breadcrumbs. Then lay the pieces in the hot sauté pan. Turn the heat to medium, then gently fry the cutlets until they are golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Diced the tomatoes, red chilies and green chilies. Place them in a bowl.
- Add the cilantro and mix them together.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil and the vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour into the salsa bowl. Toss well, cover and chill until ready to serve.