For the past few weeks, I has been toying with the idea of getting a part-time maid to help me around the house, may be 2 or 3 times a week. My other half had already gave a green light to proceed, so what I have to do now is find one. Do you think I’m lazy???Pleeease do say I’m lazy… he he he.
Anyway, this week I have few baking request from the kids… macaroons, meringue kisses (again!) and cappuccino cake. Bila nak buat tu? To tell you the truth, this week I’m super duper lazy to do anything but will definitely fulfill at least one request insyaallah.
Okay…. back to this balkus dalmation… I baked this bolu couple of weeks back. This bolu is super duper soft and sweet, definitely a recipe worth keeping. The only disappointment was that my bolu didn’t “mekar” enough like the one in this blog. I did make sure that the steamer was on HIGH heat but still tak mekar….tips anyone?
Let’s check out the ingredients…..
- 120g egg whites (from 5-6 eggs)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 225g sugar
- 2 tsp emulsifier/ovalett
- 300g flour
- 1/4 tsp double action baking powder
- 200 ml Sprite
- 30g chocolate rice (or more)
- Heat steamer on high.
- Sift together flour and double action baking powder and set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites and salt until soft peak (3 mins). Add in sugar a little at a time and add emulsifier, beat till batter fluffy and thick (7mins).
- Add in sifted flour and DA baking powder alternating with the sprite. Stir well. Add in chocolate rice.
- Scoop the batter into individual cup cake case and steam for 10mins.