مرحبا everyone… how are you guys? Hopefully life treats you well. For all the mums out here that their children are sitting for PMR, I wish them all best of luck. Breathe mum breathe… insyaallah everything will be fine. At moments like this, mums are likely to lose sleeps more than the children… why??? Well, it is simple…we care about them more than they care about themselves and we hope that they will do better than us in life insyaallah.
Last Monday, my friend (Aza) and I went to Introductory Arabic class at AWARE center .. well, it is kind of too basic for us coz they were teaching the Arabic alphabet and we kinda know that already… but the problem is some of the things that they are going to teach are new to us. Level 1 Arabic pulak expect student to be able to speak some arabic and the class will be fully conducted in Arabic…. which means we wont be able to understand anything…so, what shall we do???? Dilema betul he he he.
Anyway… recipe that I want to share today is butter cake. Nurin has been requesting for a butter cake since last Eid, it is not that I do not want to bake her one, it is just that I have not found a good recipe to try. Last night I finally found a reliable recipe to try. Thanks to Rima for posting this recipe. This cake is soft, moist and delicious…. worth waiting for he he he. Here is the ingredient.
- 195g all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 170g unsalted butter, softened
- 225g sugar
- 1 large egg, plus one large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 tbsp whole milk
- Preheat oven to 190C. Butter and line a 9-inch cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using a mixer on medium speed, cream butter and sugar until fluffy for about about 2 minutes.
- Beat in egg, egg yolk and vanilla until well-combined.
- On low speed, add flour mixture in 3 parts, alternating with milk.
- Switch mixer to medium and beat for 10 to 15 seconds, just until batter appears uniform.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top with spatula or knife.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until it a skewer comes out clean.