Last Wednesday, while I was browsing recipe’s blog, I came across this tempting looking cake and when I checked out the recipe, it looked like a super duper easy cake to do. So… after much consideration (about 5 minutes he he he), I decided to bake one since I have all the ingredients and I know it wont take me more than 15 minutes to prepare it.
The cake is gorgeous! It is soft, moist and chocolaty… definitely worth keeping. Lets look at the ingredient, shall we?
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp milk powder
- 1 1/4 cup cold water from the fridge
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp chocolate emulco
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vinegar or lemon juice (I used vinegar)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Butter 6 ” cake pan. (I used 8″ cake pan…simply because I do not have 6″ cake pan).
- Sift flour, baking powder, soda bicarbonate and cocoa powder in a big bowl. Add milk powder, salt and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Add cold water, oil, vanilla extract and chocolate emulco into the dry ingredient and whisk slowly till combine.
- Add vinegar or lemon juice and whisk immediately till combine.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan and bake for 30- 40 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool in the pans for 30 minutes, then turn them out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
Before I sign off, sajalah nak cerita, while I was in Malaysia last month, I learned how to sew beads…. he he he…. saw this booth at Mydin Hypermarket that offer to teach to sew beads at a rate of RM10 for an hour. So, me and my daughter, Aina trylah…. and these were the patterns that we able to complete in an hour… not bad considering our experience in sewing ha ha ha…