When we arrived from Malaysia about 1 week ago, the first thing that the kids checked was the swimming pool… and they were so disappointed because the pool was so dusty… they were so looking forward to go swimming. A few days after that they emptied the pool…. Nurin said “Finally… they heard us!”, but after 2 days the pool was still emptied, so we asked the harris (caretaker) why was the pool still empty….he told us that they were going to do some maintenance to the pool…. and yesterday after one long week of waiting, the kids finally managed to go for a swim. These is how the pool look like yesterday…
This Mac n Cheese is one of Aina and Nurin favourite dish… they have been requesting for this mac n cheese since balik dari Msia and yesterday I baked one for them.
- 1 1/2 cups macaroni
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 chicken thigh – cut to small pieces (optional)
- 600 ml milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese (depend on how cheesy you want it to be)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheated oven to 175C
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the macaroni to al dente and drain. Set aside.
- Stir fry the chicken till 1/2 cook and then set aside.
- Heat up the oil in the sauce pan and then add flour. Cook for few minutes and then add the milk and let it boiled slowly and then add the chicken.
- Cook for few minutes. Stir in 3/4 of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Fold the macaroni into the mix and pour into a casserole dish. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the the top is golden brown. Remove from oven and rest for five minutes before serving.