The weather outside is getting hotter but still bearable. Normally by this time of the year the temperature already reach 40C but alhamdulillah, this year the temperature is rising a little bit slower. For the past few days, the temperature were in the range of 34C – 36C, may be this is due to the dust that keep on coming on a weekly basis. Anyway, no complaints…. hot weather is better than floods, storms or tornadoes. In Kuwait, regardless of the temperature outside, inside the house… temperature is always freezing….you need sweaters/fleece and socks all the time he he he.
So, since the weather is hot outside, I think it is good to share some beverages recipe, don’t you think? OK… this green apple kasturi is one of my favourite drinks, always order this whenever I go to Secret Recipe and most of the time I end up ordering 2 glasses of this apple green kasturi. Let’s see what we need to make this drink shall we.
- 1 green apple
- 1 tsp Asam Boi powder
- 2-3 Asam Boi
- 1 kasturi – take the juice (I substitute with 1/2 lemon coz I do not have kasturi)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 100 ml water
- Green Apple Monin syrup (optional… I add this because I like my drink a little bit sweet.)
- Wash the apple, and then core, peel the skin off and chop it.
- Place the chopped apple and water into the blender. Blend them together.
- Strain the juice through a fine strainer to remove pulp. Use a large spoon to mash the pulp and push the juice through the strainer.
- Add kasturi juice, sugar and asam boi powder to the apple juice. Mix well.
- Pour into a glass and then pour about 1 tbsp of green apple Monin syrup.
- Add asam boi and crush ice