Yesterday’s message from Daily Reminder : ” You think you are strong? Try lifting up your blanket at fajr time! “. Indeed the hardest thing to do simply because it occurs at a time of rest and deep sleep. You need all the strength that you have to wake up and perform your fajr prayer. Here in Kuwait, our current Fajr prayer is about 3:51 am and by the time Ramadhan starts fajr will be at 3:12am…masyaallah! May Allah give us strength to perform our prayers regularly, punctually & timely without any miss, insyaallah.
Talking about Ramadhan that is coming soon, I would like to share a simple recipe that is great for sahur. This achovies have a sweet, sour and spicy taste that will definitely improves your appetite during sahur.
- 250g anchovies (ikan bilis)
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 4 dried chilies – cut into 1″ pieces
- 6 small Thai chilies – smashed
- 1 yellow onion – thinly sliced
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp water – if required
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- sesame seeds
- curry leaves
- Wash the anchovies and pat dry with kitchen towel. Mix the anchovies with the tapioca flour. Shake the excess flour and fry the anchovies till golden. Set aside.
- Heat up the sesame seed oil in a heavy base pan. Fry the dried chilies, small Thai chilies, onion and curry leaves for few minutes. Add the lemon juice, fish sauce, water and honey. Cook till the sauce thicken. Add fried anchovies, peanuts and sesame seeds. Mix well. Ready to serve.