Heard of it before? Well, to tell you the truth, I didn’t know the existence of this so call jeruk until I married to my other half. This exotic food (he he he) is one of my other half’s favourite dish and if you have not guess it yet…yes! I brought it from Malaysia when I visited my mom last March. This is one of the dishes that my mother in law always make sure available when we visited her. Honestly I do not know how it taste like because I haven’t try it… anyway, if I tried and happened to like it, nanti susah…asyik dok berebut la pulak dgn my other half he he he.
Anyway, the recipe that I want to share with you guys today is a gooey chocolate chip cookies. It is a little bit sweet to my taste but my girls absolutely in love with this cookies. Last week alone I baked 3 batches of this cookies. The amount of chocolate chips that they used is absolutely sinful but I’ll tell you it’s totally worth it he he he.
- 300g flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 170g butter – melt and cool slightly
- 215 g brown sugar
- 120g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 300g chocolate chip
- Preheated oven to 190C. Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- Stir together melted butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla till sugar dissolve. Add in the egg and egg yolk. Mix well.
- Add the sifted ingredient and then fold in the chocolate chip. Leave the dough to rest for 30 minutes.
- Drop the dough on the baking tray using teaspoon or melon scoop and bake for 10-12 minutes. It may seems under cook once out of the oven but it will firm up after few minutes on the cooling rack.