This egg in a toast idea I got it from one application that my hubby downloaded into his iPad…. simple way to eat eggs and toast in the morning.
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 slice of cheddar cheese
- 2 small egg
- salt and pepper
- cookies cutter
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Spread softened butter over both sides of 2 slices of bread. Cut a slice of cheese into 4 strips. Place the 4 strips onto each slice of bread.
- Take another 2 slices of bread and use a cookie cutter to remove the center of the bread. Spread butter on both sides and place it to top of the one with cheese. Press firmly.
- Crack an egg into the hole and sprinkle with salt and pepper. You can also sprinkle some shredded cheese if you like!
- Bake in an oven until bread is brown and egg is semi cooked about 15 – 20 min. You can adjust the time depending on how you like your egg.