Cuti sekolah ni biasalah kids always hungry… so to make my life easier, this morning after sending my other half to work I baked a chocolate chiffon cake. Chiffon cake again????? Well… what can I say… I love baking this cake and my kids love it.
- 4 egg yolks
- 85 ml corn oil
- 135 ml water
- 100 g fine sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 135 g flour
- 15 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 egg whites
- 90 g fine sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven at 175 C. Sieve together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix egg yolks, water, sugar and vanilla until well combine. Add in the corn oil and mix well. Lastly add the flour mixture and mix until the mixture is smooth.
- In a mixer, whisk egg whites until foamy and then slowly add sugar and cream of tartar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the egg white into the egg yolk mixture in 3 batches. Fold until well combined and pour into an ungreased chiffon cake pan. Bake for about 45 – 50 min or until skewer comes out clean.
- Invert chiffon cake immediately onto a wire rack and let it cool before removing from pan.