Salam to everyone and I hope that you had a good and productive morning….. I’m still having this holiday mood even though today is already second day of “work”..he he he….
This cheesecake I baked yesterday after so long putting it off due to “LAZY MODE”…ha ha ha. Pity my daughter… she has been asking me to bake a cheesecake for ages but I keep on delaying it. I don’t know why suddenly I felt like baking cheesecake yesterday… anyway half of cake was gone by the time the girls went to bed last night….glad that I baked it.
150 gram Oreo cookies – crushed
50 grm melted butter
2 x 8 oz cream cheese
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup heavy cream
2/3 tbsp lemon juice
2/3 tbsp vanilla
- Prepare and greased an 8” x 8” square baking pan. Line it with parchment paper or aluminum foil and left some overhang on the side (for easy removal later on) Pre-heat the oven to 175C.
- Combined Oreo cookies crumbs with melted butter. Press into the base of the baking pan and let it chill in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time making sure fully incorporated before adding next ingredient. Add heavy cream, vanilla and lemon juice and mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared base and tap few times to bring air bubbles to the surface.
- Bake in water bath for 45 – 55 minutes or until the cake batter wobble a little, off the oven and leave it in the oven for another hour. Remove from the water, cover and cool in the fridge.
- Put the topping of your favourite.