Salam and I think it is not too late for me to say Eid Mubarak to everyone. I performed my first Hajj last year and it feels like it was only yesterday….I can still feel my feet hurting from the walk to the Jamrah from our tent in Mina…. hopefully I will be invited again by Allah to visit his Holy land…
Okay… lets talk about today’s cake…this cake is one of the cake that I found so difficult to make. When I was in Malaysia, I have wasted dozens and dozens of eggs trying to bake one. Why do I bother trying…? Well, my other half only eats this cake and no other…so, as a wife, I want to bake a cake that he loves… Alhamdulillah, last year I have successfully baked one for him. This cake is so fluffy and light…kids love it and normally it will be gone by the end of the day. This recipe I got it from Mat Gebu.
Ingredient A 🙂
- 4 egg yolks
- 70 ml corn oil
- 70 ml coconut milk/evaporated milk
- 45 ml water
- 100 g fine sugar
- 1 tsp pandan paste
- 150 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Ingredient B 🙂
- 4 egg whites
- 90 g fine sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven at 175 C. Sieve together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix egg yolks, coconut milk, water, pandan paste and sugar until well combine. Add in the corn oil and mix well. Lastly add the flour mixture and mix until the mixture is smooth.
- In a mixer, whisk egg whites until foamy and then slowly add sugar and cream of tartar. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the egg white into the egg yolk mixture in 3 batches. Fold until well combined and pour into an ungreased chiffon cake pan. Bake for about 45 – 50 min or until skewer comes out clean.
- Invert chiffon cake immediately onto a wire rack and let it cool before removing from pan.