Assalamualaikum… anything interesting happen today? Today like any other week days, I started my day by preparing breakfast for my hubby and 4 girls. Normally by the time breakfast is on the table my 2 younger girls are still struggling to get dress….but today surprisingly they were ready before I managed to bring food to the table…. want to know why? Shaun the Sheep! Yes… my hubby purposely switched on the show to motivate Sofea and Jasmine to get ready faster…. ha ha ha. Well, I guess you have to find ways and means to make sure that they do what you want them to do.. better than yelling at them early in the morning…. Bravo to my hubby!
OK, menu for lunch today is Nasi Ayam. This recipe I got it from my auntie Cik Yah ( FB glamor name : Mek Asiah Hamzah)…well, actually my mom got it from her and I learned it from my mom. Being using this recipe for years.
- 3 cups of rice
- 3 cloves of garlic – mince
- 2 tbsp oil
- 12 pieces of chicken
- 1″ ginger – cut into thick slice
- 1.5 liter of water
Chili Dipping sauce
- 5 red chilies
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- sugar and salt to taste
- Wash the rice till the water runs clear and drain well.
- In a large pot, fill in the water, ginger and salt, bring to boil. Add the chicken in, cover the pot and immediately turn off the stove. Leave the chicken in the pot for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, take out the chicken and bring the water to boil again. Add the chicken in, cover the pot and immediately turn off the stove. Leave the chicken in the pot for another 20 minutes. Take out the chicken and set aside until ready to be deep fried. Keep this chicken broth for cooking the rice and making the soup.
- Heat wok on high, add 2 tbsp of oil. Add mince garlic and stir-fry for few seconds. Add in the rice that you have prepared and cook for few minutes. Transfer the rice into the rice cooker and add sufficient chicken broth to cook.
- For the soup, heat up the remaining chicken broth, add in salt and carrots, bring to boil.
- For the sauce, blend red chilies and garlic well, add in lemon juice, salt and sugar to taste.
- Serve the rice with fried chicken, soup, salad, soy and chili sauce.