Kullu ‘am Wa Antum Bikhair … is a normal greetings that you will hear if you are in Arab world during Eid or New Year. It simply means “Wishing you blessings throughout the year” and I think it is appropriate for me to say Kullu ‘am Wa Antum Bikhair here since we are now just started a brand new year… and to start off year 2013, I would like to present to you a charming chocolate cake that I took from Rahel blog. This cake is easy to make and lovely to eat. I baked this cake for my son’s 5th birthday last year (wow! sound so long ago he he he). Actually his birthday was on the last day of the year i.e 31st December 2012… yes… end of the year baby. Happy Birthday Haqeem, we love you so much.
Let’s check our the ingredient, shall we.
- 200 g flour
- 100 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs (B size)
- 200 g caster sugar
- 1 cup condense milk
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup hot water
Heat up your steamer before making the cake. Line and grease a 8″ cake pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, condense milk and sugar till sugar dissolved.
- Add in the flour mixture into the wet ingredient and mix well.
- Add in cooking oil and mix well.
- Lastly add the hot water. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and cover the top of the cake pan loosely with a piece of aluminium foil to prevent droplets from falling on the cake.
- Place the cake pan in the steamer and steam for 45-60 minutes.